Quitting smoking brings health benefits in the short, medium and long term. Many start even 20 minutes after quitting.
• 20 minutes after: blood pressure and pulse rate drop to normal
• 12 hours: carbon monoxide levels in the blood drop to normal
• From 2 weeks to 3 months: improves circulation and increases lung function
• From 1 to 9 months: coughing and shortness of breath improve
• One year after: the risk of heart disease is reduced by 50%
• From 2 to 5 years: the risk of suffering from some type of cancer decreases by 50%.
• 10 years after: the risk of dying from lung cancer is reduced by 50%
• 15 years after: the risk of coronary heart disease is reduced by 100%
Tobacco smoke affects both the consumer, as well as people who are exposed to second-hand smoke. Take care of your health and that of the people around you. Quitting smoking is quality of life. Quitting smoking is possible, the process begins with a decision.
Leave the cigarette and start enjoying your life fully!